Rail Boards are designed for use on all types of railway boxcars, including refrigerated and special cars for the lumber and the paper industries. All rail boards are designed and built to match the specific dock conditions so each rail board is custom made to suit your individual specifications.
The Bluff railboard is easy to use. First position the rail board next to the railcar. The locking ring will automatically secure the railboard against the dock. Box understructure bumpers fit around the car latches to protect door latch.
Rail Board (R)
- All welded steel construction
- Capacities from 15,000 to 80,000 pounds
- Rectangular or flared design
- Box understructure for strength and safety
- Heavy-duty drop ring for safe, secure positioning
- Lifting loops fold flat into recessed pockets
- Locking Ring Design
The Bluff design is finalized by using information provided on a Bluff Railboard Worksheet. This information allows the manufacture of a rail board that has the proper width, length, bends, capacity, and understructure.
Call Us! 800-433-2212